WAYNE W. DYER, PH.D., is an internationally renowned author and speaker in the field of self-development. He’s the author of over 30 books, has created many audio programs and videos, and has appeared on thousands of television and radio shows.
Dr. Wayne Dyer first pursued an academic career, publishing in journals and running a successful private therapy practice, but his lectures at St. John’s, which focused on positive thinking and motivational speaking techniques, attracted students beyond those enrolled. A literary agent persuaded Dyer to package his ideas in book form, resulting in Your Erroneous Zones; although initial sales were thin, Dyer quit his teaching job and began a publicity tour of the United States of America, doggedly pursuing bookstore appearances and media interviews (“out of the back of his station wagon”), which eventually led to national television talk shows including Merv Griffin, The Tonight Show, and Phil Donahue.
Dyer proceeded to build on his success with lecture tours, a series of audiotapes, and regular publication of new books. His self-made man success story was a part of his appeal. Dyer criticized societal focus on guilt, which he saw as an unhealthy immobilization in the present due to actions taken in the past. He advocated readers to see how parents, institutions, and even they, themselves, have imposed guilt trips upon themselves.
Dr. Wayne Dyer is affectionately called the “father of motivation” by his fans. Despite his childhood spent in orphanages and foster homes, Dr. Dyer has overcome many obstacles to make his dreams come true. Today he spends much of his time showing others how to do the same.
When he’s not traveling the globe delivering his uplifting message, Dr.Wayne Dyer is writing from his home in Maui.
Here are some of the best quotes of Dr. Wayne Dyer.
- “When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way.”
- “I cannot always control what goes on outside. But I can always control what goes on inside.”
- “People who want the most approval get the least and people who need approval the least get the most.”
- “There is a voice in the Universe urging us to remember our purpose for being on this great Earth. This is the voice of inspiration, which is within each and every one of us.”
- “When I chased after money, I never had enough. When I got my life on purpose and focused on giving of myself and everything that arrived into my life, then I was prosperous.”
- “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.”
- “A mind at peace, a mind centered and not focused on harming others, is stronger than any physical force in the universe.”
- “The components of anxiety, stress, fear, and anger do not exist independently of you in the world. They simply do not exist in the physical world, even though we talk about them as if they do.”
- “Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.”
- “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.”
- “If you are living out of a sense of obligation you are slave.”
- “It is impossible for you to be angry and laugh at the same time. Anger and laughter are mutually exclusive and you have the power to choose either.”
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”
- “Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.”
- “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.”
- “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.”
- “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- “Deficiency motivation doesn’t work. It will lead to a life-long pursuit of try to fix me. Learn to appreciate what you have and where and who you are.”
- “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
- “The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized.”
- “Judgments prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.”
- “Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.”
- “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.”
- “Our intention creates our reality.”
- “Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgment of others.”
- “Successful people make money. It’s not that people who make money become successful, but that successful people attract money. They bring success to what they do.”
- “The fact that you are willing to say, “I do not understand, and it is fine,” is the greatest understanding you could exhibit.”
- “There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love; there’s only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.”
- “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.”
- “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”
- “When you squeeze an orange, orange juice comes out – because that’s what’s inside. When you are squeezed, what comes out is what is inside.”
- “You are important enough to ask and you are blessed enough to receive back.”
- “You can never get enough of what you don’t want.”
- “You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, ‘I release the need for this in my life’.”
- “You’ll see it when you believe it.”
- “Your children will see what you’re all about by what you live rather than what you say.”
- “My belief is that the truth is a truth until you organize it, and then becomes a lie. I don’t think that Jesus was teaching Christianity, Jesus was teaching kindness, love, concern, and peace. What I tell people is don’t be Christian, be Christ-like. Don’t be Buddhist, be Buddha-like.